Emerge Connecticut Seeks an Executive Director!
Executive Director of Emerge Connecticut
Founded in 2017, Emerge Connecticut is the premier political leadership training organization for Democratic women in Connecticut. Our mission is to recruit, train, and inspire Democratic women to pursue public office at the local, state and national levels through our 6-month campaign-training program. Emerge Connecticut is an affiliate of Emerge America, a national organization currently working in 22 states: Arizona, Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin.
For more information about Emerge America and Emerge Connecticut, please visit: http://www.emergeamerica.org/
OPPORTUNITY FOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
We are seeking a highly motivated, talented, self-disciplined and entrepreneurial individual to serve as the full time Executive Director. The ED reports to the Chair of the Board of Directors and works with state board members to achieve organizational goals. The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: fundraising and budget management, program implementation, class recruitment, board management, and support for program members and alumnae.
The Executive Director will organize and facilitate Emerge Connecticut’s flagship training program and is responsible for building and maintaining the organizational infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Recruit and inspire Democratic women from diverse backgrounds to run for office;
● Execute our flagship 6-month campaign training, including managing all training logistics, scheduling, recruiting and preparing trainers, executing any necessary contracts and payments, and ensuring compliance with state and federal election and campaign finance law
● Support and engage Emerge Connecticut alumnae to further our mission;
● Serve as spokesperson for the organization;
● Manage all external & internal communication for the organization;
● Represent the organization at coalition meetings and with partner organizations;
● Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
Fundraising & Operations
● Manage day-to-day operations for the organization, including administrative tasks, supervising volunteers and other duties as needed
● Direct all fundraising efforts, with Board involvement, including: event management, donor solicitation; Board and Advisory Council efforts, regular email solicitation, mailings and budget forecasting;
● Cultivate and maintain relations with donors;
● Administer the organization’s database.
● Build and manage relationships with the Board of Directors and oversee all board governance, including scheduling and preparing for board meetings, participating in board recruitment, development, and training, and managing all board committees;
● Develop a vision and strategic plan to advance the organization’s mission
● Ensure that Emerge Connecticut is actively participating with our national affiliate, Emerge America;
● Identify opportunities to expand programmatic offerings to support the mission of Emerge Connecticut.
● Bachelor’s Degree is required;
● Demonstrated commitment to Democratic ideals and a passion for encouraging Democratic women to run for political office
● Strong, proven fundraising skills and organizational skills;
● Comfort with public speaking and excellent written and oral communications;
● Experience working on multiple political campaigns, preferably state or local races
● Minimum of 5 years relevant professional work experience;
● Ability to develop trusted and effective working relationships with diverse constituencies, including boards of directors, staff, donors, elected officials, volunteers and an array of supporters and stakeholders;
● Effective organizational skills, multi-tasking abilities, attention to detail and efficiency in time management;
● Ability to work independently and self-motivate;
● Non-profit management experience in some of the following functions: Board of Directors, budgets, administrative functions, program development and fundraising.
● Proficiency with social media platforms, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
● Familiarity with database tools, NGP VAN, etc. a plus;
● Spanish speaking preferred
JOB SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
● Full time position, evening and weekend hours will be required
SALARY & BENEFITS
● $50 – $70,000 salary range commensurate with experience.
● Health, dental and vision benefits.
Emerge Connecticut strives to reflect the diverse communities that we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
For consideration, please submit a thoughtful cover letter, writing sample, social media contact information, resume, and three professional references by the close of business on August 18, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
44 Montgomery Street
San Francisco CA 94104 United States